22 mei 2010

La Défense

Day 2 of my Paris trip. In the morning I visited the business district of Paris: La Défense. Very modern and contemporary architecture with lots of geometrical lines which I really like. It's very serene compared to the more touristic heart of Paris. There are no cars and walking through this area reminds me of a science fiction movie.

La Grande Arche
Pièce de résistance of this district is for sure the immense building La Grande Arche. It's the modern version of Arc du Triomphe and you feel so tiny standing in front of it.



La Grande Arche de la Défense

La Grande Arche de la Défense
La Grande Arche de la Défense

Standing under La Grande Arche

Standing under La Grande Arche

Sash - Stay
Reenact the 90's videoclip of Sash - Stay :P La Défense is the location where that music video was filmed and this is the passage way where singer La Trec (Francine McCoy) was singing.

Quite funny, because I stumbled upon an old upload here on Flickr: Grande Arche, which I took when I was still at high school (and when I had my last trip to Paris). Well I guess my dream came true ;)



La Grande Arche de la Défense



Tour EDF

Esplanade du Generale de Gaulle
Esplanade du Generale de Gaulle

Esplanade de la Défense
Esplanade de la Défense

Axe Historique
The famous Axe Historique, with Arc du Triomphe in the background

2 opmerkingen:

/// zei

Die beelden doen mij op de een of andere manier denken aan de films Equilibrium en/of Aeon Flux...terwijl ik die films in geen tijden heb gezien...misschien lijkt het niet eens op die films. Volgens mij is het de sfeer die het uitstraalt...het heeft wel iets weg van een sci-fi over een totalitaire staat/samenleving :)

DLS zei

Haha geniaal; ik had dat dus ook! Vooral doordat er alleen maar hoge gebouwen waren en geen auto te bekennen was. Tussen de gebouwen een lange strip voetpad met bomen waar net geen mensen als uit de film Logan's Run voorbij liepen. Deed mij overigens ook wel denken aan het einde van Akira