21 mei 2010

Paris: Day one (night)

Quite a lot of action going on in the evening!
Pont Neuf

Notre Dame
Statue on the Notre Dame

Skaters

Skaters

Skaters

Seine

Tourist in your town
I agree; Paris is definitely a romantic city ;)

Street musicians
Nice atmosphere at the banks of the Seine

Seine & Pont Neuf

C'est la cité d'amour
C'est la cité d'amour

La Nuit des Musées
I heard some music coming from a building and it was the Museum Monnaie de Paris. Nice surprise, because that night it happened to be the night of the museum (= Nuit des Musées). I was a bit tired though, so didn't stay for a long time



Musée du Louvre
It was my third time in Paris, but I've never visited the Louvre. I'm real hesitant, because the Louvre is gigantic! I rather prefer the much smaller Musée d'Orsay and it was one of my goals to visit that museum again

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel

La Tour Eiffel
La Tour Eiffel

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel. This is situated on the Axe Historique, a 9km. long line with historic and famous landmarks, like the Arc de Triomphe and Obélisque de Louxor at Place de la Concorde

Metro
I'm tired and it was quite a long day, so after a long stroll I'm off to my hotel

Palais-Royal Musée Du Louvre

Geen opmerkingen: